24 March 2011

How does a year pass so quickly?

More than a year has passed since I chased Zander around his room with my mobile phone, hoping to finally show off his prowess in the walking department. As they say, we've come a long way, baby.

Our little man will be two tomorrow, which just doesn't seem possible. Zander is growing into a joyful, silly and wonderful kid. He has a wicked sense of humor and loves to tease (especially his mother).

The past year has been a busy one for Zander. Besides embarking on a 3-week road trip around Europe (Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Germany), he has learned the fine art of charming everyone he meets. His current passions include trucks ("doot doots"), music (particularly Big Band/Swing and um, Radiohead) and story time.


But these days, he's got something else to get excited about. You see, he's about to be a big brother. Yes, I realize that when I was pregnant with Zander I completely forgot to update our blog until a mere month or so before he was born. And this time around...I've done the same thing. Chalk it up to being busy or prenatal porridge brain -- either way, at least I'm predictable.


Zander is particularly fond of my belly. The bigger it gets, the more Zander likes to give my bump a friendly pat whenever it passes him by. And most of the time when I ask him to kiss his baby brother, I get a nice kiss on my navel. I've never seen a kiddo who is so ready to be a big brother!

TL2 (the in-utero name of our soon to be born son) is due to make his appearance in late April/early May. Watch this space for updates. No, really!



No comments: